Iquitos and Sacred Valley in Peru
1. Accommodations: Spotless, rugged, primitive, picturesque, riverside, embedded in the jungle, effective bug screening, good security, All mattresses are covered in plastic for sanitary purposes.
2. Meals: simple, low GI tract impact (not especially savory….nor should it be) , great selection of fruit juices, and generous portions, and again…..kitchen, service items, etc. were impeccably clean.
3. Sanitary facilities: Showers and toilet facilities were ABSOLUTELY spotless, even given the level of use during ceremonies. This is roughing it….so no hot water….just river water at ambient temperature.
4. Service staff: ALWAYS courteous, quite, ….occasionally seen but not heard.
5. Ceremonial Staff: Magical, astounding, well informed, a tightly knit team, compassionate, professional, very knowledgeable and capable, gifted….and yes—- higher life forms for sure.
6. Transport to and from: flawless, seamless connections between river boats, motocabs, luncheon arrangements, and passenger van transport. Multiple head counts, luggage checks, etc. assured no one was left behind.