I have attended Nimea Kaya twice, February 2018 and May 2019. I am returning in December 2019 for my third retreat there. I would not even consider going anywhere else for the following reasons:
1) Safety: at NK the brew is only 2 ingredients (Aya and chakruna) which is to me the safest recipe. It is brewed by an ayahuascaro who has been doing it for many years from a lineage of people who have passed it down for hundreds of years.
2) Facilitators: At NK they have a process of hiring which requires many ceremonies as well as volunteer service prior to facilitating. I have been amazed at the quality of people chosen to facilitate. They are all knowledgeable, experienced and divinely called to the profession. The volunteers as well are always of the purest intention and beautiful souls.
3) Retreat Center: Nimea Kaya is located in Pullcalpa Peru and is on a beautiful pristine land on which they have created an eco friendly retreat center that works with the earth and not profiting off the land. It is simple, beautiful and always makes you feel like you are coming home. The staff is friendly and professional. You are immersed in the jungle, along with the animals, birds and sounds. The blue morpheus butterfly floats around you everywhere you go.
4) Ceremonies: The ceremonies are done in a sacred way with reverence and respect given to every possible aspect. The maloka is large and spacious, bathrooms very close, and tons of volunteers and facilitators so you never feel alone or not protected. My ceremonies have ALWAYS been intense and I have had some tough moments where help was immediately there and I was able to navigate because of the amazing staff. Every morning following ceremony you receive a plant bath to wash away all negativity purged the night before.
5) Shaman: There are four shaman at NK. Two for each ceremony, always a man and woman to represent the divine feminine and divine masculine. They are literally conduits of universal energy and are there for the right reasons, to aid in your healing journey. They are the opposite of the stories you hear about greedy, shady shaman. As true Shapibo Shaman, they have had the knowledge passed down for many generations and are pure in intention and soul.
6) Food: The food is just delicious. It is in alignment with the dieta, vegan and high vibe. And the banana pancakes are pretty much the best thing to ever happen to me…
7) The Healing: I have come from a long life of trauma, abuse, neglect, death, grief, anger, self sabotage etc. I did not think the healing I have received was possible. My entire life has changed and I am not sure how I lived 40 years the way that I did. I will never stop this journey because it is so worth the scary moments of a few hour ceremony. Ayahuasca is the most intelligent medicine and will heal you in ways you never imagined you needed.
Nimea Kaya is my healing center, I have never felt so safe, cared for and free to be myself. I am in love with this place and all the people I have met there.